The toxicity of our current political life wants to isolate you. It will make you sick if you don’t take action – and if you don’t take action as part of a political action group. Any of the following groups may or may not be a fit for you – try them on. Read their stuff online and maybe go to a meeting or two. Don’t hesitate to leave a group if it doesn’t feel right, but keep looking. Activism without the backup of a group will wear you out. And taking in the toxicity in our country without getting active will make you sick.
- Jubilee Social Justice Team
- MoveOn – MoveOn.org
- Watch the video Reviewing our work in 2017 & our plans for this year
- Sign up for the Ready To Resist conference calls – very educational and inspiring. Click here. First one for the year is this Sunday, 8 p.m., but there will be lots more – and you will get a link to hear this one from the archives.
- Our Revolution – The next step for Bernie Sanders’ movement is a new group called Our Revolution, which will fight to transform America and advance the progressive agenda that we believe in.
- Sierra Club
- SURJ – Showing Up for Racial Justice
- Building Bridges Asheville: 8 week class on black-white issues – an amazing opportunity for interracial education and dialogue
- Black Lives Matter
Did I miss something? Some local or national group you like and want other people to know about? Or want to make a personal plug for one of these? Post a comment on the “MoveOn” post below. Put “MoveOn” in the search bar in the right column.